Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» White knee spiderling!
New to breeding not new to Tarantulas EmptyTue 26 Mar 2013, 12:46 am by sammie123

» temperment of a white knee, your opinion?
New to breeding not new to Tarantulas EmptyTue 26 Mar 2013, 12:42 am by sammie123

» New here. Have a question about a bird eater.
New to breeding not new to Tarantulas EmptyMon 05 Nov 2012, 12:54 pm by chrystal

» new here at tarantulas.net
New to breeding not new to Tarantulas EmptyFri 17 Feb 2012, 12:53 am by Sandman

» new to site
New to breeding not new to Tarantulas EmptyFri 17 Feb 2012, 12:50 am by Sandman

» So, the forums a fail?...
New to breeding not new to Tarantulas EmptyFri 17 Feb 2012, 12:47 am by Sandman

» We are newcomers to the forum!
New to breeding not new to Tarantulas EmptyFri 17 Feb 2012, 12:39 am by Sandman

» *** Ken The Bug Guy *** Updated list of tarantulas and more!
New to breeding not new to Tarantulas EmptySat 10 Dec 2011, 6:43 am by KenTheBugGuy

» National Housing Bank and developments in Kochi
New to breeding not new to Tarantulas EmptyFri 17 Jun 2011, 7:20 pm by Reuben

» FS: Tarantulas 10 lot Deal!!
New to breeding not new to Tarantulas EmptyMon 09 Aug 2010, 5:31 am by ddaake

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

New to breeding not new to Tarantulas

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
mathewkofalk
Egg
Egg

New to breeding not new to Tarantulas Empty
PostSubject: New to breeding not new to Tarantulas   New to breeding not new to Tarantulas EmptyFri 03 Jul 2009, 2:18 pm

Ok i have a female genic and a female skeleton i am not new to T's but have never bread. My genic is a mean female dog i hope she would even tolerate a male and the skeleton has her momens too . Any advice on my first breedings would be sweet, like what do yall do when breeding a defensive tarantula and such.
Back to top Go down
BlackWidow
Egg
Egg
BlackWidow

PostSubject: Re: New to breeding not new to Tarantulas   New to breeding not new to Tarantulas EmptyFri 03 Jul 2009, 4:11 pm

I've never bred tarantulas but I have seen videos and from what I've watched the female is going to be mean regardless of species, lol.

It's kind of a one-night-stand thing with the mating. Either the male succeeds and gets away to mate again orrrrrrrrrrrrr she eats him. Not overly helpful but just a heads up.
Back to top Go down
Akasha
Third Instar
Third Instar
Akasha

PostSubject: Re: New to breeding not new to Tarantulas   New to breeding not new to Tarantulas EmptyFri 03 Jul 2009, 4:51 pm

I have bred a few, will some success Smile
the advice I can offer is dont do it alone, make sure you are prepared for anything,
as anything usually happens,

firstly make sure the female is well fed, it will give the male a fighting chance!!
I use a huge box and put both tanks in it, take the lids off both and basically watch and wait,
I may give the male a push in the right direction but he usually knows what to do,
after the deed is done, I am usually ready with a large glass to cover the female, giving the male time to escape,

then it is feeding time for the female, lids back on, and hope for a sac Smile

I hope this helps you in your breeding venture.
Back to top Go down
Bird Man
Third Instar
Third Instar
Bird Man

PostSubject: Re: New to breeding not new to Tarantulas   New to breeding not new to Tarantulas EmptySat 04 Jul 2009, 12:48 am

Well I've never bred either of those species, but I do have a female genic I hope to breed, once she molts for me. I know franklin has/was breeding his so maybe he'll chime in with his experiences. I've bred a A. Avic, and two G. roseas and one OBT, I'm working on C. fasicatum, but the female is forcing herself to molt so that's on hold at the moment.

With docile sp. I just put the females enclosure into a tub Rubbermaid tub, and add the male to the side of her enclosure, and let them go at it. But with aggressive sp. like with my OBT, I cupped the male into a small deli cup, and put that into the females enclosure(shark tanking) and let him be in there over night, so they both know the other is around. Then the following night, I'll open the deli cup and hope for magic. Ohh also I should mention that I feed the female heavy before attempting to pair them so she's less inclined to munch the male, but it happens so you just have to prepare yourself for that. Then after a successful pairing, she's also fed. I'm always waiting and watching at all times, with tweezers and a deli cup to help the male escape if the female tries to much the male, Although I haven't had that problem, till I just got my MM RCF rosea 2 days ago and I paired them right after unpacking him, and the pairing was a success, but the female rushed him immediately after, but since I was sitting with tweezers I held her back while he ran out.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tarantulanotes.blogspot.com
adam'sfarm4900
First Instar
First Instar
adam'sfarm4900

PostSubject: Re: New to breeding not new to Tarantulas   New to breeding not new to Tarantulas EmptySun 05 Jul 2009, 5:44 am

this sounds like human breeding. LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/floridafarm4900
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New to breeding not new to Tarantulas   New to breeding not new to Tarantulas Empty

Back to top Go down

New to breeding not new to Tarantulas
Page 1 of 1