Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» White knee spiderling!
Male B. smithi... EmptyTue 26 Mar 2013, 12:46 am by sammie123

» temperment of a white knee, your opinion?
Male B. smithi... EmptyTue 26 Mar 2013, 12:42 am by sammie123

» New here. Have a question about a bird eater.
Male B. smithi... EmptyMon 05 Nov 2012, 12:54 pm by chrystal

» new here at tarantulas.net
Male B. smithi... EmptyFri 17 Feb 2012, 12:53 am by Sandman

» new to site
Male B. smithi... EmptyFri 17 Feb 2012, 12:50 am by Sandman

» So, the forums a fail?...
Male B. smithi... EmptyFri 17 Feb 2012, 12:47 am by Sandman

» We are newcomers to the forum!
Male B. smithi... EmptyFri 17 Feb 2012, 12:39 am by Sandman

» *** Ken The Bug Guy *** Updated list of tarantulas and more!
Male B. smithi... EmptySat 10 Dec 2011, 6:43 am by KenTheBugGuy

» National Housing Bank and developments in Kochi
Male B. smithi... EmptyFri 17 Jun 2011, 7:20 pm by Reuben

» FS: Tarantulas 10 lot Deal!!
Male B. smithi... EmptyMon 09 Aug 2010, 5:31 am by ddaake

April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

Male B. smithi...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
MichaelH
Eggs With Legs
Eggs With Legs
MichaelH

Male B. smithi... Empty
PostSubject: Male B. smithi...   Male B. smithi... EmptySun 28 Jun 2009, 9:46 pm

I dunno, kinda startin to get concerned about him. It's been 12 days since he molted...not eating and wont touch water. His abdomen is slightly shriveled...but, hes moving around fine, no sign of legs curling under. Looks like hes a little more active in the last couple days but the slightly shriveled abdomen is my main concern. Would feel alot better if he would just eat or drink. What do you guys think? I feel like an ICU may be a little too drastic right now, like I said he is walking around just fine. His last molt was not his ultimate molt as I had thought it would be cause he did not hook out, so I know it's not because he's matured and is in "find a female" mode.

Opinions?? scratch
Back to top Go down
madamwlf
madamwlf

Male B. smithi... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Male B. smithi...   Male B. smithi... EmptySun 28 Jun 2009, 10:44 pm

Do you have a pic so we can see what you mean by somewhat shriveled rump?
Back to top Go down
MichaelH
Eggs With Legs
Eggs With Legs
MichaelH

Male B. smithi... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Male B. smithi...   Male B. smithi... EmptySun 28 Jun 2009, 10:55 pm

My suspicions were right, just checked on him a few minutes ago and he was in a partial death curl. Got him in an ICU now, hopefully he pulls through since hes not too far gone, like i said he is still moving around somewhat, so I'm hoping he isn't TOO dehydrated to be unsaveable.

And no I still dont have a digital cam tp put a pic up with, we got one the other night and it turned out to be junk so we took it back. I'll check on him in a couple hours or so and see what happens from there
Back to top Go down
Bird Man
Third Instar
Third Instar
Bird Man

Male B. smithi... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Male B. smithi...   Male B. smithi... EmptyMon 29 Jun 2009, 3:56 am

Hope he pulls through for you. Make sure his ICU is some place warm, dark, and quiet, only check on him every couple hours.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tarantulanotes.blogspot.com
MichaelH
Eggs With Legs
Eggs With Legs
MichaelH

Male B. smithi... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Male B. smithi...   Male B. smithi... EmptyMon 29 Jun 2009, 8:12 am

Ok this is just crazy....in nine hours this T has went from laying flat on his abdomen and carapace with 5 out of 8 legs curled under him....to now hanging on the side of his enclosure!
I checked on him a few minutes ago and he was up on all tippytoes inside the ICU trying to get off the wet papertowel. So, I put him back in his enclosure and as soon as he hit the substrate he hair-bombed me and went straight up the side of the enclosure. What the heck??? This is the first time I have ever had to use an ICU...can they make a recovery THAT fast?? It's been about 9 hours since he was first put in ICU. I was expecting at least a 2-3 day wait before any noticable changes were apparent. When I picked him up earlier to put him in the ICU he made no attempt to run away or bomb me, and this guy is the worst hair kicker i have ever seen. When I picked him up he just twitched his legs a little but mostly they just kind of drooped.
I really dont know what to make of this...lol. Maybe I'm goin bonkers or somethin. scratch
Back to top Go down
Bird Man
Third Instar
Third Instar
Bird Man

Male B. smithi... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Male B. smithi...   Male B. smithi... EmptyMon 29 Jun 2009, 11:56 am

Sounds like he was just really dehydrated. I once got in a .5" C. Fasciatum sling that was lost in the mail, all the other slings were fine, but this one was in death curl, but still alive, I put it in ICU and 2 hours later I checked on it, and it was gone. I looked under the wet paper towel, and there it was alive and well.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tarantulanotes.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

Male B. smithi... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Male B. smithi...   Male B. smithi... Empty

Back to top Go down

Male B. smithi...
Page 1 of 1