Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» White knee spiderling!
Why do people think they care? EmptyTue 26 Mar 2013, 12:46 am by sammie123

» temperment of a white knee, your opinion?
Why do people think they care? EmptyTue 26 Mar 2013, 12:42 am by sammie123

» New here. Have a question about a bird eater.
Why do people think they care? EmptyMon 05 Nov 2012, 12:54 pm by chrystal

» new here at tarantulas.net
Why do people think they care? EmptyFri 17 Feb 2012, 12:53 am by Sandman

» new to site
Why do people think they care? EmptyFri 17 Feb 2012, 12:50 am by Sandman

» So, the forums a fail?...
Why do people think they care? EmptyFri 17 Feb 2012, 12:47 am by Sandman

» We are newcomers to the forum!
Why do people think they care? EmptyFri 17 Feb 2012, 12:39 am by Sandman

» *** Ken The Bug Guy *** Updated list of tarantulas and more!
Why do people think they care? EmptySat 10 Dec 2011, 6:43 am by KenTheBugGuy

» National Housing Bank and developments in Kochi
Why do people think they care? EmptyFri 17 Jun 2011, 7:20 pm by Reuben

» FS: Tarantulas 10 lot Deal!!
Why do people think they care? EmptyMon 09 Aug 2010, 5:31 am by ddaake

March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

Why do people think they care?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
sinflspeed
Eggs With Legs
Eggs With Legs

Why do people think they care? Empty
PostSubject: Why do people think they care?   Why do people think they care? EmptySat 08 Aug 2009, 4:30 am

I was trolling CL and came across an ad selling T's. The ad is at the bottom and found it funny that they listed a "black hump" becasue I have never heard of one, but I was interested in the G. pulcripes. So, I negotiated the price and decided to make a roadtrip to Austin(45 mins) and go shopping for some tarantula stock. So, I get there and they have these three T's in a corner stacked. The owner was not there but the BF told me she had just "lost interest". No when I looked at the enclosures they had no water dishes, old molts, and about 1/3 inch of substrate in each. I was disgusted and the factthat so little care was given to these little guys. I wanted to take them all but they wouldn't budge on the prices and i didn't need another vagan and a smale "black hump" tarantula. I made a hasty retreat from the apartment for fear of catching flea or something else. The larger problem was that they had 4 dogs and they all looked thin and there was trash everywhere with dog feces in diffenent spots. I was utterly amazed that people would keep pets in such poor conditions and think they are doing good.

So in my haste of leaving in such a hurry I didn't realized I had just picked up a MM G. pulcripes. Dang it I was hoping for a female becasue I have a MM already. Lesson learned on picking up CL pets. On the other hand I also picked up a A. avic sling, 2" A. semmani, 2.5" A. avic, and 3' B. vagans on a trade for a B. smithi sling Smile .

Thanks for reading, just had to vent alittle bit.

http://austin.craigslist.org/pet/1259620052.html
Back to top Go down
Bird Man
Third Instar
Third Instar
Bird Man

PostSubject: Re: Why do people think they care?   Why do people think they care? EmptySat 08 Aug 2009, 7:50 am

Wow, that's crazy, I'd be thinking about calling the austin spca on them for the dogs.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tarantulanotes.blogspot.com
madamwlf
madamwlf

PostSubject: Re: Why do people think they care?   Why do people think they care? EmptySat 08 Aug 2009, 7:57 am

I've been to homes that were trashed like that. It just seems like people don't care what their house looks like, even if they have someone coming over to look at something.
Back to top Go down
revoltkid
Third Instar
Third Instar
revoltkid

PostSubject: Re: Why do people think they care?   Why do people think they care? EmptySat 08 Aug 2009, 8:02 am

my house is clean Smile ......cept for the part my reptiles are in...lol i always have eco earth spilled and i also sleep on the ground, so there are blankets laying around....im unorganized lol
Back to top Go down
sinflspeed
Eggs With Legs
Eggs With Legs

PostSubject: Re: Why do people think they care?   Why do people think they care? EmptySat 08 Aug 2009, 8:11 am

revoltkid wrote:
my house is clean Smile ......cept for the part my reptiles are in...lol i always have eco earth spilled and i also sleep on the ground, so there are blankets laying around....im unorganized lol

I think being unorganized is far from living in filth. I get disorganized at times but I don't have trash strewn about like my house is a trash can.

As far as the SPCA goes I have had experiences with them & they have their hands tied unless it is in plain site or caught on tape. Just wish people were more responsible.
Back to top Go down
Akasha
Third Instar
Third Instar
Akasha

PostSubject: Re: Why do people think they care?   Why do people think they care? EmptyMon 10 Aug 2009, 7:02 pm

I would be reporting them aswell,

I hate to see innocent animals treated like that, if they want to live in filth that is their choice,
but to make them that way is unforgivable,
most of them in my experience cannot look after themselves, what makes them think they can ever look after anything else!!!

sorry rant over, I will go back to my corner now!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why do people think they care?   Why do people think they care? Empty

Back to top Go down

Why do people think they care?
Page 1 of 1