Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» White knee spiderling!
Lost another T last night.... EmptyTue 26 Mar 2013, 12:46 am by sammie123

» temperment of a white knee, your opinion?
Lost another T last night.... EmptyTue 26 Mar 2013, 12:42 am by sammie123

» New here. Have a question about a bird eater.
Lost another T last night.... EmptyMon 05 Nov 2012, 12:54 pm by chrystal

» new here at tarantulas.net
Lost another T last night.... EmptyFri 17 Feb 2012, 12:53 am by Sandman

» new to site
Lost another T last night.... EmptyFri 17 Feb 2012, 12:50 am by Sandman

» So, the forums a fail?...
Lost another T last night.... EmptyFri 17 Feb 2012, 12:47 am by Sandman

» We are newcomers to the forum!
Lost another T last night.... EmptyFri 17 Feb 2012, 12:39 am by Sandman

» *** Ken The Bug Guy *** Updated list of tarantulas and more!
Lost another T last night.... EmptySat 10 Dec 2011, 6:43 am by KenTheBugGuy

» National Housing Bank and developments in Kochi
Lost another T last night.... EmptyFri 17 Jun 2011, 7:20 pm by Reuben

» FS: Tarantulas 10 lot Deal!!
Lost another T last night.... EmptyMon 09 Aug 2010, 5:31 am by ddaake

March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

Lost another T last night....

Go down 
+4
Bird Man
Lady Sage
madamwlf
MichaelH
8 posters
AuthorMessage
MichaelH
Eggs With Legs
Eggs With Legs
MichaelH

Lost another T last night.... Empty
PostSubject: Lost another T last night....   Lost another T last night.... EmptyMon 06 Jul 2009, 8:20 am

My Haplopelma albostriatum sling died last night unexpectedly after molting. Not sure what happened...it was eating fine, no signs of being sick or dehydrated. It molted on Friday night and was acting fine. Saturday evening I noticed it had come out of it tunnel and was hanging on the side of it, all streched out like it has always done after the last two molts.
Then I got up about 4 a.m. this morning, decided to check on all the kids like I usually do if Im up at the wee hours of the morning. Looked at the H. albostriatum and it was in a full blown death curl. I went to bed about midnight...so it had died in a space of 4 hours. No obvious reason that I could see, it just died. Dang, it had gotten about 1" with this molt too, was just starting to grow really well. Drats!
Back to top Go down
madamwlf
madamwlf

PostSubject: Re: Lost another T last night....   Lost another T last night.... EmptyMon 06 Jul 2009, 8:31 am

Ah, I'm so sorry to hear that. If I get an egg sac, I'll send you a few slings. Smile
Back to top Go down
MichaelH
Eggs With Legs
Eggs With Legs
MichaelH

PostSubject: Re: Lost another T last night....   Lost another T last night.... EmptyMon 06 Jul 2009, 8:34 am

Dang wlf, your spoilin me here, lol. Thanks I appreciate it, very much. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
madamwlf
madamwlf

PostSubject: Re: Lost another T last night....   Lost another T last night.... EmptyMon 06 Jul 2009, 8:37 am

Well, lets hope there is a sac first. I know it can be rough loosing a T to unknown reasons.
Back to top Go down
MichaelH
Eggs With Legs
Eggs With Legs
MichaelH

PostSubject: Re: Lost another T last night....   Lost another T last night.... EmptyMon 06 Jul 2009, 8:43 am

Yeah it has me baffled...not the first time I had a sling just up and die though. I got an L. parahybana sling from Shelby a while back that was DOA for no apparent reason. I know it wasnt Shelbys fault, as her packing job was perfect, and the box was shipped overnight.
Just another victim of the UAD (up and die) syndrome I guess.
Back to top Go down
madamwlf
madamwlf

PostSubject: Re: Lost another T last night....   Lost another T last night.... EmptyMon 06 Jul 2009, 8:45 am

Yeah, I had a p. cambridgei that did that as well. It is so baffling.
Back to top Go down
Lady Sage
Eggs With Legs
Eggs With Legs
Lady Sage

PostSubject: Re: Lost another T last night....   Lost another T last night.... EmptyMon 06 Jul 2009, 9:08 am

Up and die disease can strike at any time. It doesnt make it any easier though. Sad

I am sincerely sorry to hear for your loss. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
MichaelH
Eggs With Legs
Eggs With Legs
MichaelH

PostSubject: Re: Lost another T last night....   Lost another T last night.... EmptyMon 06 Jul 2009, 10:23 am

Thanks Sage.
Back to top Go down
Bird Man
Third Instar
Third Instar
Bird Man

PostSubject: Re: Lost another T last night....   Lost another T last night.... EmptyTue 07 Jul 2009, 2:30 am

Ohh man I'm sorry to hear this, I've had two cases of UAD myself, one being one of my two A. versicolor slings, which was one of my first few T's. The second one for me was my. C. elegans sling. It was sold as a .5" T, but when I got it, it was more like 1.25" it was fine, ate two days before it died, and worst part is, after it died, I checked the vent and it was FEMALE. I was just about to put it in a really nice, live planted enclosure, but it never made it. By now I'm sure it would have molted, and then I could have acquired one of the boys that I've seen for sale lately.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tarantulanotes.blogspot.com
MichaelH
Eggs With Legs
Eggs With Legs
MichaelH

PostSubject: Re: Lost another T last night....   Lost another T last night.... EmptyTue 07 Jul 2009, 5:37 am

Dang bird, that does bite to lose a known female...I dont know what the sex was of my sling, it was too small yet to tell.
Back to top Go down
Akasha
Third Instar
Third Instar
Akasha

PostSubject: Re: Lost another T last night....   Lost another T last night.... EmptyTue 07 Jul 2009, 7:11 pm

I am really sorry to hear you lost one of your T's
it is devasting, you do the very best you can....and you still lose them

I am so sorry Sad
Back to top Go down
MichaelH
Eggs With Legs
Eggs With Legs
MichaelH

PostSubject: Re: Lost another T last night....   Lost another T last night.... EmptyWed 08 Jul 2009, 11:09 am

You keep em long enough your gonna lose some. What really stings is losing one you have had for years. my first loss was a female B. smithi I had for several years. She was my first T I ever had, I was about 14-15 when I lost her, got her when I was 7 or 8.
Back to top Go down
Spiduh
Egg
Egg
Spiduh

PostSubject: Re: Lost another T last night....   Lost another T last night.... EmptyThu 09 Jul 2009, 1:01 am

Dang Im sorry! Luckily I haven't been a victim of any UAD's. The only spiders I ever had die was my old female wolf spider after she had her eggsac, and my old male wolf spider. Sorry for your lose, it really sucks when your T's go.
Back to top Go down
adam'sfarm4900
First Instar
First Instar
adam'sfarm4900

PostSubject: Re: Lost another T last night....   Lost another T last night.... EmptySun 26 Jul 2009, 2:03 am

Wow it stinks when something like that happens. Can really keep you up in the middle of the night huh? :'(
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/floridafarm4900
sinflspeed
Eggs With Legs
Eggs With Legs

PostSubject: Re: Lost another T last night....   Lost another T last night.... EmptyWed 29 Jul 2009, 1:50 am

I think what stings more is spending 100.00 in a spider having it shipped over night and it die 10 days into having it. No way to get your money back as the LAG is gone and the seller can't be blamed(so to speak). It happenes and whether it is a sling, LTC, or just bought it stings in different ways.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lost another T last night....   Lost another T last night.... Empty

Back to top Go down

Lost another T last night....
Page 1 of 1